Saturday, August 22, 2009

In memory of Ally

I had to put our cat, Ally, to sleep today. She had been sick for a few months now and we were giving her meds for hyperthyroidism. She seemed to be getting worse the past couple of weeks, she wasn't eating at all and I could tell that she had lost a good bit of weight (3 pounds in 2 months). I took her to the vet today so that they could check her thyroid levels and I was telling the vet that I thought something else was wrong with her. He felt around her tummy and found a tumor the size of an orange, and an x-ray confirmed that she did indeed have a very large tumor. The prognosis was not good and the only thing to do was to put her to sleep. She was very sick and didn't have much time left. I had no idea that I would be putting my cat to sleep today and my heart is just broken. Ally was a rescue kitten and I got her 8 1/2 years ago. Ally was very much my cat, she slept with me in the bed and she would sit in my lap in the mornings while I read my bible. She would run to the door when she heard the garage door open and greet us as we walked in. She used our couch as a scratching post and she was constantly taking drinks from my glasses of water (there is no telling how many times I drank from a cup that she had also taking a sip from). She loved to drink from the faucets and was constantly begging for me to turn the water on. She was a part of our family and she will be greatly missed.

2 comments:

Momma said...

I'm so sorry hon. I love you very much and I am very proud of you. You bring me great pride and joy.

Newel said...

Cassie,
I'm so sorry about Ally. I know how you feel. I'm down to 1 cat now (E-Wok) since losing Tigger about a month ago.(Remember when I had 5?)
We now have 2 dogs and 4 cats in our "pet cemetery".
It is true that pets leave their paw prints on your heart!
Love you,
Granny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...