Saturday, August 01, 2009

More videos of Caleb walking

I wanted to show the difference between Caleb's old HKAFO's (Hip-Knee-Ankle-Foot-Orthosis) and his AFO's (Ankle-Foot-Orthosis). I know some of you know what braces look like but there are many of you who don't so I thought I would post a picture. I mostly wanted to show how far Caleb has come, he used to use the HKAFO's (on the right) to walk. He now uses the AFO's (left) to walk. That's a big difference! He has gotten so strong in his hips and knees that all he needs is some support in the ankles. That is tremendous progress and something I honestly didn't expect. His endurance gets better every single day. Here are a couple of videos I took of Caleb walking in his AFO's today.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

LOVE the walking, Caleb!!! It's so encouraging to watch you and hopefully Toby can join you some day!
Love and hugs from Ohio!

Ciaran's parents, Jon & Wendy said...

Ahhhh!! He is doing so good and I am cracking up at the second video. He was going so fast =)

He is talking so well also. Go Caleb!

Jessica said...

Look at him go! That's awesome!! Gage was watching him and started saying and signing "walk, walk!"

Mom to Bin and Oaxie said...

I am sooooo impressed Caleb! You are doing awesome. I know that must be so exciting to watch Cassie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...