Thursday, April 22, 2010

Riding Zip and Benjamin photo shoot

Caleb had his weekly horse back riding session yesterday afternoon.  He got to ride "Zip" for the first time.  This was a good change because his previous horse, "Gemini" had allergies (can you imagine a horse with allergies) and he would sneeze and cough a lot while Caleb was riding him.  Caleb was not a fan of that at all.  Thankfully, Zip was not a sneezer so Caleb was happy. :)  I can't believe he will be starting Kindergarten next fall.  That absolutely blows my mind.  He's just amazing to me, I wish all of you could know Caleb and how hard he works.  His determination is admirable.  I love that booger.

While Caleb was doing his riding lesson, Benjamin went outside to enjoy the beautiful weather.  It seemed like a good opportunity for an impromptu photo shoot, so here are a few pics from that.

How cute are those little hands?  I think he was picking at some dirt or something.

"This grass is itching my legs."

Love that little grin.  He is such a toot.
 

My baby turned 16 months old yesterday!  I can't believe it.  He is growing so fast.  I officially weaned him last week and he did really great.  I guess that means he was ready to stop nursing.  I was a little sad about it but I'm glad I was able to do it for almost 16 months.  He's not walking yet which surprises me a little.  I'm not worried about it since he was premature so I figure he just needs a little more time.  I'm in no hurry anyway.  He's hard enough to keep up with now!

3 comments:

Heather said...

That's so funny about a horse having allergies. I had horses growing up and none of mine ever had allergies.

Benjamin is so cute! Congrats on making it to 16 months. Joshua still hasn't kicked the habit at 18 months, but hopefully soon he will.

Newel said...

Hey Benjamin, You are growing up so fast! Been a long time since we've seen you, so tell your mommy & daddy to bring you out here to the country where there's lots of grass & dirt for you to play in!
We Love You!
Granny & Paw-Paw

Ciaran's parents, Jon & Wendy said...

Wow...16 mos! Time flies! And Caleb starting kindergarten...nuts!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...