Thursday, October 07, 2010

Faces of Spina Bifida: Meet Autumn!

Today I get to feature a precious little girl that I actually had the pleasure of meeting a few weeks ago.

This is Autumn

Autumn was born September 22, 2008.  She just turned 2 years old.  I got to meet Autumn and her family at her birthday party.  Autumn has been through a lot and has endured multiple surgeries in just 2 short years (Chiari decompression surgery, tracheostomy and gastrostomy surgery, strabismus surgery on both eyes, just to name a few).  Yet, she continues to smile.  She continues to amaze her parents and everyone around her.  Her parents are working on having her off her ventilator for more and more hours during the day.  Please pray for Autumn and her family while they work on reaching this milestone.  You can read more about Autumn and her family by taking the time to visit their blog: Our Journey.

I have a list of kids that I am going to feature throughout the month but I would love to add to my list!  I would love to have so many kids to feature that I have to do 2 kids each day.  If are reading this and would like me to feature your child, send me a message.

10 comments:

laura said...

My daughter Sara Elisabeth was born with SB. Her blog is mylittlebigmiracle.blogspot.com

Heather said...

You can feature Joshua, although I haven't updated the blog in a good while.

ddeisher said...

hi i wanted to let you know you are welcome to feature my little guy if your needing some people...he is five months sbl5, trach, gtubt, chiari malformation, here is my blog...
http://babystepsofhope.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm loving this blog! My son, Jeremiah has SB an d you are welcome to feature him if you want. www.caringbridge.org/visit/jeremiahmcadams

Hannah

Rebecca said...

Would love for you to feature my 2 sweeties with SB.
Maylee and Sam David

Our blog is
www.livinginrainbowworld.blogspot.com

Lacy said...

Thanks for featuring our Autumn...she's such a joy to have in our lives and thankful she's the reason I've met so many other wonderful SB families!

Jill said...

What a sweetheart!

Heather Weir said...

Please remember Charlotte! She is so precious to me. I want others to see how wonderful she is! Thanks so much for doing this! I love all the little kids I'm meeting each day!

Jamie said...

What a sweet little girl! I love that smile :)

Tiffany said...

I would love for my 3 year old Ethan to be featured!! He was born with spina bifida (lipomyelomeningocele). His caring bridge page is www.caringbridge.org/visit/ethanspage

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...