Sunday, October 31, 2010

Faces of Spina Bifida: Meet Colton, Atticus, Jarrett, Bin, Brooklyn, Katelyn, and Chloe!

Here we are...the final day!  I've got a handful of kiddos for you today.  We are going out with a bang!

This is Colton
Colton will be 4 years old next week.  Colton has a walker and a wheelchair.  He recently started preschool.  I asked Joni (his mom) to tell me a little bit about Colton and this is what she had to say

"The thing I love most about Colton is his excitement about life! He has the most expressive eyes and you truly see the world through those beautiful little eyes. He has the best personality and brings a smile to each persons face that meets him. Colton is a very determined little guy and nothing stops him! God has truly blessed us by giving us Colton and I am so thankful to have him in my life!"

Stop by Colton's Caringbridge site to learn more about this cute guy!

This is Atticus
What a handsome little man!  Atticus is 4 years old.  I actually know Atticus and his mom so I've seen firsthand how far this kiddo has come.  He is now walking independently with just his AFO's!  He ditched his walker and is doing great! I actually have a picture of Caleb and Atticus together when they were very young.
Cute, right?

This is Jarrett
He is 18 months old.  I've just recently "met" Jarrett so I don't know a lot about this cutie.  I'm looking forward to seeing all amazing things he is going to do.

This is Bin
Bin is 4 1/2 years old.  He has a twin sister, Oaxie.  I know this kid and he is super cute and super sweet.  He has come a long way too.  I remember when he used to walk just pushing a push toy and now he is walking independently.  According to mom, Bin LOVE Taylor Swift, Tom & Jerry, and AGGIE football!
Since today is Halloween, I thought I would share this pic of Bin with his sister Oaxie.
Stop by Bin's blog: Our Family

This is Brooklyn
Brooklyn was born December 8, 2008.  Brooklyn has a mobile stander, RGO's, and a wheelchair.  She also has a hand tryke so that she can keep up with her brother!!  Brooklyn and her family actually just moved to Texas and they are about 20 minutes from me.  We will definitely be getting our families together soon.  She's a cutie.

This is Katelyn
How cool is this girl!  Katelyn is 9 years old, she is in 5th grade.  She has KAFO's and pink forearm crutches, plus she uses a wheelchair for longer distances.  She plays wheelchair tennis and she loves horseback riding.

This is Chloe
You have to be smiling right now.  How cute is this little ladybug?!  Chloe was born September 25, 2009.  She started walking with a walker at 12 months.  Mom and dad didn't know that Chloe had SB until she was born.  She continues to amaze everyone with her progress and her sweet personality.

Well, that's it! One month, 31 days, 69 kids and over 4,000 visits to this blog!  When I had the idea to feature a kid each day this month I was worried that I wouldn't have enough kids!  Boy was I wrong.  My hope was that showing off how beautiful, perfect, funny, happy, and healthy these kids are, people would have a better understanding of what SB looks like.  And based on these 69 kids...I would say that SB looks pretty darn cute.

If nothing else, I think featuring these kids has brought all of us SB parents a little closer together.  I have met so many new kids myself through this process and I've made about 50 new friends on Facebook!  It has really been a special month for me.  I loved seeing the sea of Yellow SB awareness ribbons all over Facebook.  I loved the Day of Prayer.  I loved the Redefining Spina Bifida t-shirts.  This month has been a real treasure.  Just maybe...I'll do it again next year :).

So here are the Faces of Spina Bifida

69 wonderful, precious, perfect lives.

6 comments:

fivejensenboyz said...

Totally have tears in my eyes so sad that it's over...I truly loved getting to know all these kids...you did an amazing job Cassie

Colleen said...

Thanks so much for doing this! I really enjoyed it!

Jen said...

Ditto! This month/project was fabulous. A real gift. Thank you.

dekkers242 said...

The collage of all the kids pictures is great! Really gives meaning to the "faces" of SB. And you are right - some VERY good looking faces they are!

Amanda said...

I had a great time reading about all the kids this month. This was so much fun! I am so sad it is over, but it was such a great idea - Thanks Cassie!!!

Mom to Bin and Oaxie said...

Thanks Cassie for introducing us to all of these wonderful kiddos. A few I know but most I didn't until now. You did an awesome job and thanks for including Bin. I have already met some new families b/c of this. See you soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...