Sunday, October 17, 2010

Faces of Spina Bifida: Meet Gwendolyn and Anna!

This is Gwendolyn
Gwen (and her twin sister Braelyn) just celebrated their first birthday.  
I have to share another picture that I thought was just too cute!
Gwendolyn is on the left and has just been knocked over by her sister Braelyn!  Braelyn was simply trying to love on her sister but managed to knock the girl over instead!  I love the look on Gwendolyn's face, she's just bracing herself for the fall that is about to happen.  Sweet girls!
Make sure you visit their blog, which is actually updated by dad!  I don't see too many blogs that are run by the daddies so it's one of my favorites to visit!  Check it out: Our Twins Blog.

This is Anna
Anna is 5 years old.  
Anna (or rather Anna's mom-Annie) has 2 different blog that you can visit.  One is a family blog: The Donahue Family.
The other blog is actually a great resource for SB families.  It's called Lifestyle Accelerator.  Here is little bit of information about this site and it's purpose:

"Before adopting Anna in 2005, I did research online to gather information about “myelomeningocele” as the doctors called it.  What I found on line was not particularly comforting.  Don’t get me wrong- there were some sites that provided good information, but I felt the need to keep searching and searching for more details.  It seemed that I was reading the same thing over and over without learning anything new, practical, or helpful.  Most spina bifida articles seemed a bit clinical and generic, and I still had a lot of unanswered questions.  With this in mind, I decided to design a page that would bring together all the information people with spina bifida need.  I wanted it to be fun and attractive, and updated frequently."
Make sure you check it out!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Awesome! Thanks for that link Cassie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...