Saturday, October 23, 2010

Faces of Spina Bifida: Meet Misha and Ruth!

This is Misha
Misha was born April 22nd of this year.  She just turned 6 months old.  Mom and dad did not know that Misha had SB until she was born.  She spent 7 weeks in the NICU.  Misha has an older sister, Olive, who absolutely adores her.  Olive was very concerned about the "boo boo" on Misha's back and would constantly want to check it and make sure it was getting better, Olive still likes to kiss the scar.  How sweet is that?  Misha is not a fan of tummy time (what baby is?) but the girl loves to sit up.  This is what mom, Vickie, had to say about Misha:

"I worry about the road she has to travel, but I am ecstatic that she's here and I feel very blessed and honored to be her mother. She, thankfully, has been strong enough for the both of us. I love it when I get my face close to hers and she places her hands on my cheeks. As she holds me and I look into her eyes, I do feel a little ache in my heart (that I was unable to protect her from all of this) but then quickly it turns into a feeling of love and a sense of ease washes over me."

Well said.

This is Ruth
Ruth is a little baby with a BIG story!  She had the prenatal surgery at 24 weeks to close the opening on her back and she made her grand entrance a little early at 31 weeks.  She was 3 pounds, 15 ounces.  She is the youngest of 5 girls!!  Ruth recently had casts made to help correct her club feet, and the casts were promptly decorated by her older sisters!
I encourage you to check out Ruth's website to learn more about her and her family: Ruth's Story

2 comments:

Jessica said...

What sweet babies! I'm loving your features of these special kids. You are more than welcome to feature Gage if you want to, but don't feel like you have to if you have enough!

Marie said...

what gorgeous little ones!!! Jessica- I must add you to my list of people I follow. I just decided to start a blog for Kasey as well:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...