Thursday, June 16, 2011

Pool and Playground

So it is already super hot here in Texas.  H.O.T.  Really hot.  And it's only June, which means this is just the beginning.  To help us beat the heat this summer I decided to get a pool.
Clearly nothing fancy but the boys love it and it's roomy enough that I can get in as well.
Benjamin likes standing under the sprinkler "water feature".
Caleb loves the pool but doesn't care too much for Benjamin splashing.  He was using this octopus pool toy to protect himself from Benjamin's splashes.

My sweet boys having fun together.

Last week I mentioned that my summer mission is to help Caleb learn to navigate the playground equipment at his school.  We met Ms. Vickie for PT at the playground today and I took a bit of video.  I wanted to be able to see his progress as the summer goes along.  Sometimes I don't realize how far he has come and how strong he is until I watch a video of him from a year ago and then I can really see his progress.
(it was really windy today so sorry about all the wind noise)


He really has to work hard and Ms. Vickie does not go easy on him.  She is really trying to teach him the safest way to climb the equipment but he wants to hurry and just do it.  I was feeling pretty discouraged watching him last week but he did really well today.  I hate that he has to work so hard to do something that should be so simple, but it is what it is.  The truth is that climbing this play equipment wouldn't have even been possible for him this time last year.  I'm going to take video of him "tackling" this playground as the summer goes on.
The hard work of climbing the equipment is worth it once he gets to the slide!

10 comments:

Lexi Foster said...

How awesome! Lookin good!!!

Our family said...

Go Caleb!

krousehouse said...

Looks pretty fancy to me! So fun! It's already super hot in Florida too...

Jamie said...

Love the little pool..... so cute!

Stephanie said...

Way to go Caleb! What an awesome kid he is.

Jen said...

i love how at 1:07 he takes a big breath, like "this is hard work!" It sure is! but you can just see the pride on his face! Way to go Caleb! It will be amazing how he progresses over the summer with that attitude!

Coleman and Lauren said...

He is awesome! He makes me so happy! :)

Stefanie said...

so fantastic! and I love your Texas accent :) it makes me smile

Colleen said...

I love how he's smiling the whole time, even though it's hard work. :)

Jill said...

He is so fantastic!!

I love the pool! I want to get in there and play!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...