Friday, September 14, 2012

Benjamin meets a fire truck

Caleb's school celebrates "Patriot Day" on September 11th. The entire school gathers around the flag pole to sing songs. Benjamin and I stayed up at the school to watch the ceremony. Benjamin was in little boy heaven when a real life fire truck pulled up to the school. I don't think he has ever been that close to a fire engine before and he was absolutely thrilled.


Sometimes it can be hard to get Benjamin to cooperate with photos. Not this day. The child stopped every 2 feet and asked me to take a picture of him.

Next to the tire.

Next to all the gauges.

Next to the ladder.

Behind the truck.


We took a picture by every square inch of that truck.
He loved it.

We caught a brief glimpse of Caleb as he was rolling out of the school toward the flag pole.
I love that he looks so happy at school. And he looks so much older all of a sudden.

I used to worry a lot that Caleb wouldn't have any friends and that he would feel left out (of course these worries seem silly now). I went to eat lunch with Caleb this week, thinking he would be so excited to see his momma...well the boy barely talked to me, he was much too busy chatting with friends. I might as well have been eating lunch by myself. I didn't take it too personally though, I was happy to see him happy.

Oh, and I just have to share what I found in Caleb's backpack this week:


Caleb is smitten with 2 girls in his class. So cute.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...