Sunday, November 04, 2012

Pumpkin Carvin' and Pumpkin Plantin'

Last week when I took the boys to the Pumpkin Patch, I bought the biggest pumpkin ever. Seriously the thing is huge. I had no choice, it was slim pickin's at the patch and the only pumpkins that were left were about 60 pounds each (it is possible that statement is a bit exaggerated...just know that the pumpkin is very heavy and very big). We didn't get around to carving our humongous pumpkin until Friday, a couple of day into November. Better late than never, right?

Seriously, HUGE pumpkin.

It's like 10 times the size of Caleb's head!

I was so proud of Caleb. Man that kid got right in there and started scooping the slime out.

Benjamin wouldn't touch the stuff.

 Our finished pumpkin
I think Benjamin was afraid the giant pumpkin was going to eat him or something. He looks kinda nervous.


My boys posing with the pumpkin.
Benjamin still looks nervous.

While we were carving the pumpkin and pulling out the guts, Caleb suggested we plant some of the seeds.
So we did. I gave the boys each a cup to plant their pumpkin seeds in.

Adding soil to his cup.


Planting our seeds. Maybe we'll grow a huge pumpkin of our own.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...