Thursday, June 27, 2013

MRI tomorrow


Last week Caleb had a neurosurgery appointment, just a follow-up to see how he is doing. The neurosurgeon was surprised to see how weak Caleb's legs are 15 months after tethered cord surgery, especially his right leg. I asked the doctor how common it was for a child who was ambulatory prior to TC surgery to lose all function and not gain it back. He said it was very rare. Which is why I think he is so concerned about Caleb's lack of progress. He wants to make sure there is nothing else going on, nothing else that could be causing or contributing to Caleb's lack of function. So, he ordered a full MRI (head and spine), as soon as possible. Caleb has the MRI tomorrow morning. Caleb will be under anesthesia since the scan takes about 2 hours. Please pray for Caleb, that he wouldn't be anxious or fearful. He always does great with anesthesia and is such a trooper so I don't expect any surprises tomorrow...but prayer is always appreciated. I don't know what the MRI will show. I'm trying not to play the "what if" game right now because my mind goes to some pretty bad places.


4 comments:

Jill said...

Oh, Cassie, I'm anxious for you and I can imagine how you're feeling exactly. :/ One of those days that set your mind into a spiral of a thousand awful thoughts. Deep breaths. Prayers that he will rock it as usual, the results will be something simple and not scary, and that you will not get too many grey hair's in the process ;)

Sandy said...

I will be praying for Caleb and the rest of your family as well...

Tristan said...

Praying it all goes well and they get clear pictures to help figure out what's going on.

Mary Evelyn said...

Lots of prayers. Hoping for good news or no news (my two favorite kinds when it comes to MRIs) Keep us updated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...