Thursday, October 29, 2015

Faces of Spina Bifida: Meet Atticus and Colin!


Meet Atticus
9 years old

How does Atticus describe himself: Cool

What does Atticus most like about himself?

Atticus likes that he plays guitar the most! (He is taking lessons and doing pretty good at it).

What do you know now that you wish you had known when you first heard the SB diagnoses?

"I wish I would have known that everything will not be as bad as what you read. Even though it's terrifying, and I allowed it ruined my joy of pregnancy and the journey, I wish I wouldn't have let the diagnosis consume me."




Meet Colin

Describe Colin in one word: Loveable

What does Colin most like about himself?

"When I asked him what he likes most about himself he smiled and pointed to his humungous muscles."

What makes Colin awesome?

"His genuine love for people. Everybody! He loves to make people laugh, and will offer hugs to anybody, in the store, at the doctor, at school, he just knows how to make you smile."

What do you know now that you wish you had known when you first heard the SB diagnoses?

"I wish I would have known how very wrong the general perception of Spina Bifida is. I wish I would have known that I as a mother could do this, that I wouldn't fail him."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...