Sunday, October 04, 2015

Faces of Spina Bifida: Meet Carson and Aleria!


Meet Carson
6 years old

"This is Carson and his two very best friends: Blake (left) and Silas (right). I chose this photo because it captured so well the reality and truth of our lives."

What do you know now that you wish you had known when you first heard the SB diagnoses?

"If I could go back and talk to myself on diagnosis day I'd most want to see this photo, and see that our life is much more fun and normal than not. Spina Bifida bugs us from time to time but most times we don't even acknowledge it."

What does Carson love about himself?

"I asked Carson to tell me about himself, and he told me all about how he liked Captain America, and coloring his picture, and watching Captain America cartoons. He even sang me the Captain America theme song. He's just a busy, silly little boy, like any other, and we love him far more than words could ever say."



Meet Aleria

6 years old

Describe Aleria in one word: Amazing

What does Aleria like about herself?

"That I can ride my bike and jump."

What makes Aleria awesome?

"I'm awesome because I love Jesus."

What do you know now that you wish you had known when your first heard the SB diagnoses?

"I wish I was connected with a "Faces of Spina Bifida" right away so I could have enjoyed my pregnancy.  I wish I knew that everything was going to be okay.   That my world really was going to be turned upside down but in a whole different way than I imagined.  I wish someone told me that our family would become stronger and more connected than ever. I wish so many things- but I wish I would have never heard all the things "she wouldn't be able to do".... things like walk, ride a bike, jump, swim, etc (all the things she does do!!!)"


Click the "contact me" button on the right if you would like to participate in Faces of Spina Bifida!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...