Monday, October 26, 2015

Faces of Spina Bifida: Meet Chloe and Caroline!


Meet Chloe
6 years old


What does Chloe most like about herself?

I asked Chloe last night and what she loves about herself the most she said "LOVES THAT SHE IS HAPPY "!

What makes Chloe awesome?

Her simple little words , she says now and then that remind me she will be just fine . Like the other day on the way to kindergarten out of the blue she says " Mommy, I was born ready " . She does not let anything get her down . We were at the store one day and she looked up at and asked why everybody was staring at her. I told her to tell them nicely it's not nice to stare . She looks up at me and says, "No mommy, they are staring at me because I am BEAUTIFUL"
She always has a away of making everybody around her smile ...

What do you know now that you wish you had known when you first heard the SB diagnoses?

"We did not find out Chloe had Spina Bifida until the day she was born. One of the scariest days of our life but if I could have only known that day how much she would mold our family together, bring out the best in all of us and how strong and determined she would be and not let it take her smile away, the scariness would have been replaced with comfort and hope."



Meet Caroline
Almost 3 years old

One word to describe your daughter: Loving

"She is sweet and spicy all wrapped into this incredibly smart and funny girl."

What do you know now that you wish you had know when you first heard the SB diagnoses?

"I wish I would have known that all the wonderful moments we would have with her would far outweigh all the scary and stressful days (and nights) her diagnosis have brought."



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...