Saturday, October 17, 2015

Faces of Spina Bifida: Meet Evie Grace and Matthew!


Meet Evie Grace
2 1/2 years old

L4/L5-S1 Myelomeningocele. Walks with 1 SMO and 1 AFO and her walker. Working on transitioning to canes!

How does mom describe Evie? Sassy Diva Princess

What do you know now that you wish you had known when you first heard the SB diagnoses?

"I think it is absolutely amazing to look back and see the person I was and the person I am today. 3 years ago I was not capable of raising a child with spina bifida but The Lord equips you and makes you more than able! I wish I would have known about all the new up and coming technology and medical advances truly changing the lives of our kiddos and trusted what everyone was telling me..."it will be ok!"

What makes Evie awesome?

"It's her aura, her determination, her larger than life personality. There is just something about her, when you meet her, you get this feeling, and you just can't put it into words. This child is extremely determined and has taught grown adults some life lessons in her short 2.5 year life so far! She is doing things doctors said she would never do and is doing it with a sassy little diva princess attitude! She has taken on a spine surgery and 2 brain surgeries and too many hospital stays to count with a smile and recovered faster than expected every single time. She is a smart little girl that is right in line with her peers at school and is making huge strides in physical therapy each week. I would say she is incredibly awesome!"




Meet Matthew
6 years old

How does Matthew describe himself: Silly

What does Matthew say makes him awesome?

"That I have Spina Bifida and I can play baseball, football and soccer. Just like all my friends."
What does mom say makes Matthew awesome?

"I think what makes him awesome is he is pure Joy. He just loves life and lives it to the fullest. He has taught me to be a better person in so many ways."


"I asked Matthew what made him happy. He said his cats, Mom and Dad.....and that God has given him a good life"



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...