Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Faces of Spina Bifida: Meet Gwendolyn!


Meet Gwendolyn

6 years old

Describe Gwendolyn in one word: Deep

What does Gwendolyn like about herself?

"I listen to my mommy"

Her twin sister also said, "Gwendolyn is awesome and curious."

What do you know now that you wish you had known when you first heard the SB diagnoses?

"Something I wish I had known when we initially got the diagnosis: I wish I could have seen into the future to see how loved she is by everyone. I wish I could have heard her whisper, "I love you" in my ear each night before she goes to bed. I wish I could have seen her eyes sparkle with pride when she learned to trust her strength and balance enough to walk independently across the room for the first time. I simply wish I could have tuned out what all the doctors told me "might" happen to by baby girl, and trust in God that my child would be just the way she was intended to be. She's beautiful and perfect just the way she is."




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...