Monday, October 05, 2015

Faces of Spina Bifida: Meet Kinley and Kenidee!


Meet Kinley
4 years old

How does Kinley describer herself: Happy!

What makes your daughter awesome:
"Kinley is awesome because she doesn't let anything get in her way. Spina Bifida does not define her. She is happy, determined, joyful, beautiful and smart!"

Kinley's older brother said:
"She's awesome because she can go fast in her wheelchair!"

What do you know now that you wish you had known when you first heard the SB diagnoses?


"As a parent of a child with Spina Bifida I wish I had known how much joy our child would bring. I wish I would've worried and feared so much less and focused on the blessings any child brings."





Meet Kenidee
7 years old

Describe your daughter in one word: Sweet

What does Kenidee like about herself?

"I asked Kenidee what she likes most about herself and she said she has nice friends. I guess that's because she's a pretty nice little girl."

What makes Kenidee awesome?

The thing Kenidee says makes her awesome is her braces!!  I was happy to hear that.  I think the episode of Daniel the Tiger she watched yesterday made her more proud to be different.

What do you know now that you wish you had known when your first heard the SB diagnoses?

"When my husband and I received the diagnosis of Spina Bifida, I wish we would have been told that even though we might have bumps in the road, it will all be worth it.  And it is :)"



Click the "contact me" button on the right to participate in Faces of Spina Bifida!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...