Sunday, October 18, 2015

Faces of Spina Bifida: Meet Micah!


Meet Micah
6 1/2 years old


How does Micah describe himself? Funny

What does Micah say makes him awesome?

"I have awesome sunglasses, I love to wear fun hats, and I'm a good friend. I like to protect my sisters, too."

What do you know now that you wish you had known when you first heard the SB diagnoses?

"I wish someone had told me that the equipment so many see as "limiting" a disabled person- the walker, wheelchair, crutches, braces- is really their ticket to freedom. Freedom to explore their world like other kids. Don't resist getting the wheelchair just because they still fit in the stroller. Give them the freedom to move independently! Take the push handles off as soon as you can. Let them fall. It is how they learn to get back up and keep going. Just watch them closely near the top of the stairs. LOL"





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...