Sunday, October 18, 2015

Faces of Spina Bifida: Meet Misty!


Meet Misty
32 years young!

One word to describe myself? "One? I couldn't think of one, so I asked some friends. They couldn't think of one either. Here's our list...fierce, hilarious, determined, AWESOME (I was ordered to capitalize that) strong, Child of God, witty...

"Gotta add one more "one word to describe me," by request, Supercalafragilisticexpealidocious. My friends are weird."

What do I want people to know about me? 

"I'm just like you. We aren't as different as you think. My life is pretty normal."

How would I encourage the parents of kids with SB? 

"You're doing a great job. I know it's hard. I know you're tired. I know you question every decision you make. But you really are doing a great job. When your kids are my age, you'll know."

What do I like most about myself?

"I'm funny. Like, ridiculous funny. I should do stand up. Standing up is hard. Can I do sit down?"


1 comment:

Marvin Tyson said...

She could do "sit down". She is also one of the best writers I know.
She can do "serious", she can do "funny", but she's especially good at " seriously funny"!
She's really good at being a Daughter!

,Misty's Dad (Marvin)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...