Wednesday, October 07, 2015

Faces of Spina Bifida: Meet Nathan and Tanner!

Meet Nathan
10 years old

How does Nathan describe himself: Speedy

What does Nathan love about himself?
"I can go fast in my wheelchair!"

What makes your son awesome?
"Nathan NEVER looks at something and thinks or says "I can't do that because I'm in a wheelchair or because I have SB."  He sees no boundaries for himself.  He has the BEST attitude about life!!!!!"

What do you know now that you wish you had known when you first heard the SB diagnoses?

"SB is not as bad/scary as the doctors make it out to be.  You can do this!!!!"



 Meet Tanner
6 years old

How does Tanner describe himself? Strong

What does Tanner love about himself?

"I like my wheelchair! Not many kids have one, and it helps me keep up with my friends"

What makes Tanner awesome?

"I am super strong, amazing, and kind. I can do what I want, it just might be in a different way. I'm awesome because I am, ME!"

What do you know now that you wish you had known when you first heard the SB diagnoses?

"As a parent, I wish I would have known how great Tanner would be. That having a child with "extras" and one that uses a wheelchair, is NOT the end of the world. That doctors DO NOT know everything. That I would have a great support group, and I would not be alone."

Learn more about Tanner by visiting his blog and Facebook page.


1 comment:

Bekka Rodgers said...

We know Tanner personally and he is AMAZING. Full of love and spirit and strength. Good job, T.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...