Sunday, October 18, 2015

Faces of Spina Bifida: Meet Owen!


Meet Owen

Owen is 8 "and a half!!!" You mustn't forget the HALF!


One word to describe Owen: Determined. Unpredictable. Can I have two words?!


The thing he most likes about himself: 

"I am really good at building with Legos and Minecraft"

What do you know now that you wish you had known when you first heard the SB diagnoses?

"If there was one thing I wish I knew the day we found out Owen's diagnosis... It was October 31, 2006. I was 25 weeks. Since my husband's cousin had spina bifida we were familiar with the prognosis and not shaken by the doctor's grim picture and suggestions to abort. I knew it would be hard, but I knew there would be so much joy. And there has been. But the thing I did not know at the time and appreciate so much now is the community of support I have found in my fellow SB mommas. I wish I had known that 9 years later that some of my dearest friends (and their families) would come into my life (and my family's life) because of Owen's diagnosis. We have been so blessed."



I am officially out of "faces" to feature. I hope you enjoyed meeting and reading about these amazing kids, teenagers, and adults living with SB. 

It's not too late to participate. Just click the Contact Me button on the right!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...