Friday, October 23, 2015

Faces of Spina Bifida: Meet Samantha!


Meet Samantha
7 years old

Describe your daughter in one word: Spontaneous

What does Samantha most like about herself?

"My pink crutches"

What makes Samantha awesome?

"I like her smile, it lights up her whole face! (She smiles and laughs a lot) Samantha is very spontaneous and funny. You never know what she is going say next. She is also a very carefree kid, literally!"

What do you know now that you wish you had known when you first heard the SB diagnoses?

"In the beginning I didn't really know what to expect. I wish I would have realized that she would still get to do anything she wants to do and I think she actually has even more opportunities than "normal people." Our area has a big adaptive community. Also, that , yes it's a little more work everyday to get ready and manage daily tasks, but it becomes routine. Everything is possible, it might be adapted to her, but it is possible."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...