Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Faces of Spina Bifida: Meet Kasey

Kasey

My daughter Kasey is 8 years old. She plays t-ball, is in adaptive swim, loves playing with her siblings, drawing, riding horses and riding her handbike.

She's also got Spina Bifida and is what you would call a "full time wheeler."

While she has had 13 surgeries so far (and number 14 is scheduled for after the holidays), she doesn't let it slow her down. She loves trying new sports and activities through the local rehab facility.

Prior to her birth, I remember being scared of what the future was going to hold for my sweet girl. I wish now that I could go back in time and let myself know that everything was going to be okay. Spina Bifida isn't a death sentence, it doesn't mean that Kasey can't live life to the fullest, it just means that sometimes she has to do things just a tad bit differently.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...