Tuesday, November 01, 2016

Minecraft Halloween

Minecraft is incredibly popular in this house so our theme for Halloween was a no-brainer.


Our Minecraft Jack-o-lanterns.

Benjamin is a Skeleton and Caleb is a Zombie riding a spider....if you know Minecraft then you understand. Benjamin had the idea to decorate our trunk to look like the inside of a Minecraft house so I went with that. It came out great and we actually won "best trunk" at the trunk-or-treat.

Benjamin loved his costume. I've never seen that kid so excited. 

All 8 legs made it through the night which was nothing short of a miracle. Watching Caleb navigate this spider was hysterical. He kept bumping into things and hitting people with his spider abdomen!

A close-up of the trunk. I just painted some cardboard brown to look like walls. I printed out the TNT sign, bookcase, and the Minecraft wall art. I made the chest out of a shoe box and found the torch printables online, I added lights to make them really glow. Our Minecraft trunk was a huge hit. Everyone, kids and adults, commented on it. 

Poor kid couldn't see a thing but he had a blast anyway. You can actually find these Minecraft heads online. I just printed out all the sides, made a box out of cardboard, glued the head pieces on, and done! For the bones, I just used chrome duct tape on a black turtleneck and black pants. Of course it was in the upper 80's here in Texas so my boy was hot. Oh well.

The spider face. I added red lights for the eyes which looked really cool once the sun went down.

Torches blazing.

It was a great night, the boys looked great and the trunk was a winner. It was fun but I'm so glad October is over. I made 26 wheelchair costume kits from my Etsy shop so by the time I got around to making costumes for the boys, I was DONE. I barely had anything left in me these last few days, but it got done. Whew, I'm glad it's over. 

Yesterday may have been Halloween, but more importantly, it was Hallow's 3rd birthday. 

She's so pretty. I love her.


Links:
Minecraft Skeleton Head
Minecraft Zombie Head
Minecraft Torches


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...