Wednesday, December 14, 2016

SPML and Knee Capsulotomy Update

It's been 3 weeks since Caleb's SPML and Knee Capsulotomy surgery so I thought I would give a quick update. He had his third hard cast change yesterday and his legs look amazing!

He chose Christmas colors this time around.

Look at those straight legs ya'll! They pad the knee really well so that is why that part looks so huge. Prior to surgery his knees bent at almost a 70 degree angle. Yesterday they measured in the low 20's!! They try to get an additional 5 degrees with each weekly cast change and will continue to do that as long as we see progress. I would be tickled to death if we could get it in the teens. I am amazed by his progress. I honestly didn't know what to expect and I have been cautiously optimistic because his legs were just so bent and tight. I'm so impressed. It has not been easy on him (or us) to have both legs in casts but seeing this kind of progress has made it all worth it.

I'll continue to post pics and updates on Caleb's progress over the next few weeks. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...