Thursday, February 09, 2017

Quick Update

This has been the longest week ever! The orthopedic surgeon couldn't get Caleb in until today (Thursday) so I've spent the entire week in a state of high stress and worry over this broken leg. Apparently stuff like this is common and no biggie to ortho docs. I think they forget that there is a very worried momma pacing the floors, desperate for some assurance. 

Anyway, Caleb is now sportin' a bright orange cast. He will wear the cast for 3 weeks and then we'll reassess. The ortho doesn't want to keep him in a cast much longer than that because it will only make the bones weaker. 


I feel a bit better now that we have a plan in place but this week was rough on me. I don't know why I took this break so hard. It certainly isn't the hardest thing we've been through with Caleb. Maybe I was barely hanging on and this was the thing that just pushed me over the edge. His broken leg broke my heart. I cried and cried this week. I really struggled with this one. It just felt like such a setback and it still does. I know we'll get through it. I know this is just a rough season we are in and it will pass. Thankfully Caleb couldn't care less about his broken leg. He just keeps rollin' on like it's no big deal. I wish I was able to do that!

1 comment:

goodie girl said...

Happy to see an orange cast. Glad you are not in New York or Boston with that orange cast.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...